Monday, 17 December 2012

The Next Big Thing, with me...

So, you may or may not have seen this bandied about...basically, it's a giant blog hop type thing...

To be honest, I'm not really working on anything at the moment, but that isn't the point...so here's what I'm going to be working on...!

What is the working title of your book or story?

Rythe in Chaos: The Rythe Trilogy Book 3


Where did the idea come from for the book or story?

It's been knocking around in my head for around ten years...I wrote the first part of the trilogy then, and have written plenty since. ;)

What genre does your book fall under?


Broadly speaking - fantasy.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?


Shorn, a dark-hearted mercenary would be Sean Bean, I think. There's a lot of characters in the books...I think someone new would be cool - I get fed up of seeing the same actors get all the jobs!

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book or story?


The world of Rythe trembles and awaits the return of the Sun Destroyers...

Will your book or story be self-published or represented by an agency?


Self-published...agent...lol.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?


I haven't written it yet...

What other books or stories would you compare this story to within your genre?


Joe Abercrombie's work, I think, would come closest.

Who or What inspired you to write this book or story?


My brain! I read a lot of fantasy way back when, and I guess that piqued my interest, too...everyone from Terry Pratchet, to David Gemmell, David Eddings, George R.R. Martin...and on and on...

What else about your book or story might pique the reader’s interest?


Darn it, I said 'piqued' in the previous question!...anyway, it'll be cheap, and there will be a boxset, too. There. Cheap, ten years of work...can't say fairer than that. ;)

Thank you!

Sheri White kindly tagged me as part of this giant blog hop...so here's her blog...

Sheri White