Come on! Get in...first post of the (pretty old) new year, and starting with a pun!
Anyway, got a bit excited there. I shall try to rein it in.
Just thought, as I've been on a rather extended sabbatical, that I should pop in and do a little update on the blog. So, without further ado...here it is:
Last year, I published 19 novels/novellas/short collections. I didn't write a single short story, because I wanted to clear my entire backlog. I managed...nearly. Still one novel outstanding, which I'm waiting on. But 19 out of 20 ain't bad.
I haven't written a damn thing since 'The Dead Boy'. I haven't, before you ooh and aah, got writer's block. I'm just resting upon my laurels...
And the buggers are choking me.
I can't seem to get motivated! I've achieved pretty much what I set out to do. Now I need a new goal.
So, 2013. Time to set some goals.
Only trouble is...I really have no idea what I want to do with myself this year.
I haven't stopped being a writer. I don't think that's possible. I have, however, stopped writing. I've stopped blogging. Stopped submitting. Stopped WORKING.
Hmm...yep. I think this might be a problem.
As you've probably guessed by now, I'm thinking out loud. I'm toying with the idea of writing a short story, at last, just to get myself going.
I'm also toying with the idea of trying to read a little more. I don't read anything like enough.
But yeah, goals. Got to have goals.
So, when you've published nearly everything, started making some money (no, you can't borrow a fiver), been nominated for an award (yeah, I'm a nerd :P) and all that good stuff...
This is, I think, me, stumped.
It's not that I don't care any more. I still want to write. I want to make a decent living. I want the dream...
I'm just suffering, I think, from that most terrible of writerly ailments...
I'm in my comfort zone. I'm fucking OVER happy with my lot.
This, dear reader, sucks.
Goals. Need a new goal...
But sometimes, a story doesn't have an end...and I haven't got one for this blog post.
If I figure it out, you'll be the first to know.
Love you, as ever. x
Novel and Novella Excerpts
- Red Ice Run (with Ryan C. Thomas)
- Field of Heroes
- ALT REICH
- Pig (With Edward Lorn)
- The Mulrones #1: A Scarecrow to Watch over Her
- The Mulrones #2: Death by a Mother's Hand
- The Mulrones #3: Flesh and Coin
- The Mulrones #4: Deadlift
- The Love of the Dead
- The Dead Boy
- A Home by the Sea
- A Stranger's Grave
- The Walls of Madness
- The Lies of Angels
- Unit 731
- Cold Fire
- Masters of Blood and Bone
- Left to Darkness
- BLOOD DRUGS TEA
- Spiggot, Too
- Days of Christmas
- The Cold Inside
- Dark Words
- Dead in the Trunk
- Angels in Black and White
- Line of Kings #1: The Outlaw King
- Line of Kings #2: The Thief King
- Line of Kings #3: The Queen of Thieves
- The Line of Kings Boxed Set Edition
- Rythe Awakes
- The Tides of Rythe
- Rythe Falls
- Beneath Rythe
- The Rythe Quadrilogy Boxed Set Edition
- The Complete Sun Destroyers Saga (Septology)
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Taking Drugs Successfully
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Keeping your Broken Body Ticking
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Fixing and Making Stuff
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Cooking like Normal People
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Coping with Small Humans
- Ghost Voices
- The Warrior Soul