Novel and Novella Excerpts
- Red Ice Run (with Ryan C. Thomas)
- Field of Heroes
- ALT REICH
- Pig (With Edward Lorn)
- The Mulrones #1: A Scarecrow to Watch over Her
- The Mulrones #2: Death by a Mother's Hand
- The Mulrones #3: Flesh and Coin
- The Mulrones #4: Deadlift
- The Love of the Dead
- The Dead Boy
- A Home by the Sea
- A Stranger's Grave
- The Walls of Madness
- The Lies of Angels
- Unit 731
- Cold Fire
- Masters of Blood and Bone
- Left to Darkness
- BLOOD DRUGS TEA
- Spiggot, Too
- Days of Christmas
- The Cold Inside
- Dark Words
- Dead in the Trunk
- Angels in Black and White
- Line of Kings #1: The Outlaw King
- Line of Kings #2: The Thief King
- Line of Kings #3: The Queen of Thieves
- The Line of Kings Boxed Set Edition
- Rythe Awakes
- The Tides of Rythe
- Rythe Falls
- Beneath Rythe
- The Rythe Quadrilogy Boxed Set Edition
- The Complete Sun Destroyers Saga (Septology)
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Taking Drugs Successfully
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Keeping your Broken Body Ticking
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Fixing and Making Stuff
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Cooking like Normal People
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Coping with Small Humans
- Ghost Voices
- The Warrior Soul
Thursday, 11 September 2014
Bloodeye, Deadlift, Hangmen and Highwaymen...oh my!
Bloodeye centres on Keane Reid, a man with plenty of demons, like many of us. His worst, though, 'Shadowman', is a killer. It's a short, sharp tale, and one that I hope will stick in readers' minds.
When I pitched Bloodeye to DarkFuse, I suggested it was something like The Loneliness of the Long Distant Runner with added psychopath. I think it's about loneliness, about redemption, about trying to do the right thing. It's also about running. No matter how fast you go, how far you run, when you stop? You'll still be there.
But I'm hoping, for each reader, it might be about something different. That's the thing with craziness...it's not the same for everyone.
There's a sample, here: Bloodeye Sample.
Or, you can buy it here: Amazon US, or, here: Amazon UK.
Loosely speaking, it's about a man named Holland who's very good with death. It's about his battle against the Gods of the old world, ancient Gods people no longer believe in, and fighting for what's right. It is, as so many novels are, about light and dark.
More about that closer to the time, but this is the cover art.
As for future novellas, my favourite medium, they seem to be an endangered breed. It doesn't mean I won't write more novellas - sometimes that's what a story chooses to be. In the current climate, though, they're a tricky proposition for publishers, and hence often tough to sell. DarkFuse have accepted two more of mine for publication in 2014, and I count myself lucky. After that, it's anyone's guess. Anyway, one of those is titled 'Unit 731'. The other is 'Flesh and Coin', a long novella which is loosely tied to two other DarkFuse titles - the forthcoming 'Hangman' (novel), and my first DarkFuse release 'Deadlift'.
Speaking of which, I just completed my twentieth novel, 'Highwayman'. It's set in the same world (or, netherworld, I guess) as 'Hangman', and also sheds a little more light on everyone's favourite artefact, the mask from 'Deadlift'. Hopefully, Highwayman will see publication (never guaranteed!), but as per tradition...
Highwayman. 28th August 2014 - 9th September 2014. R.I.P.