Monday, 16 March 2015

100th release by DarkFuse: Flesh and Coin.


Also available on Amazon where you are, or direct from darkfuse.com

Release announcement here:

It's been a year, now, since my first release through DarkFuse. It was the biggest moment of my life in writing when I signed for three books with DarkFuse. With Shane Staley at the helm, Dave Thomas on editing point, and Zach McCain's fantastic cover art, they publish some names in horror I've been desperately chasing since I began writing the fantastic and horrific. 

DarkFuse have, over the years, published some of my favourite authors: Willaim Meikle, Tim Curran, Gary McMahon, Keith Deininger, Brian Hodge, C.S. Kane, Ronald Malfi, Greg F. Gifune. Some are authors I'm happy to call friends, Colin F. Barnes, Luke Walker, Eric Shapiro, even though we've never met, and many more besides.

It's proven to be the best move and stroke of luck for me. I don't doubt there's an element of luck in getting published, and I'm still chasing all of the authors I mentioned around the playground. But it's nice to know your publisher is there to give you a boost with nice touches like this.

Flesh and Coin is a Mulrones' story. There will be more, featuring or touching on that universe, and I finished two others in the last month, winging their way to DarkFuse now: Death by a Mother's Hand, and Highwayman. 

Anyway, that all probably effusive enough, for me. I need to go lay down. ;)

Thank you for reading my work. Thanks for supporting all of us with DarkFuse, too. Long may it continue. 

Thanks. 

Oh, R.I.P. Highwayman. 

Here's the back copy for Flesh and Coin:

For some, dying is easy. For others, dying is their only hope.

Charlie Dawes lies in the Old Oak Hospice haunted by the looming specter of death, plagued by dark memories, stalked by a mysterious, faceless creature he knows only as the Shadowman, who won’t let him die…yet.

Cathy Redman, his only friend and a caretaker in the ward, spends her time reading to Charlie and comforting his pain. She thinks she knows him.

But when an inquisitive detective, a spiteful nurse, and a dangerous old Gypsy’s lives intertwine, Charlie’s true fate is revealed, and it has been sealed by…flesh and coin.

And, oh, love you ;)