Pretty simple post, really. I'll be brief. ;)
Not much going on work-wise of late, but I've been reading more. I used to read an awful lot. Way back in the annals (ANNALS) of history, I bought books. A lot. It was never about hording. I bought them, I read them. I kept them if I liked them, gave them away to the library if I didn't, because someone else might.
Then stuff changed. I'm in my forties. Being in your forties isn't the same, of course, as your teens, or your twenties. Situations, lives, they're fluid. I moved a lot - countries, counties, houses. I moved from big houses to small houses. I had more money, as a younger fella. I didn't know what to spend it on so I spent in on drink and drugs. I went mental, I went bankrupt. I had less money after that. Should've stuck to books - they're not near that expensive.
At some point, I hardly had any books. I like having books around. Some people (me included) like trees. Some people like cars (I don't, but to each their own...depending on the girth of their bank balance, I guess).
Then, I worked full time for good money in jobs I hated. Now, I work longer hours for shit money in a job I love. I wouldn't got back to the way it was, no way. But I think the books, the reading, the buying of books (I still don't like reading on Kindle...sorry) is a constant. A foundation, maybe? It's something that was important to me - more important than the money or all the other things.
So, over the years, I've lost or given away or simply been forced to give up hundred of books I loved. Now, my situation (for now - things change!) is solid. I've been buying books again. I've been reading books again. It's a nice place to be, and happy to have my books around again. Feels like the foundations are sound once more, and it reminds me that just because something's lost, doesn't mean we can't find it again.
Unless you didn't want it in the first place. In which case, good fucking riddance, I guess.
Novel and Novella Excerpts
- ALT REICH
- Pig (With Edward Lorn)
- The Mulrones #1: A Scarecrow to Watch over Her
- The Mulrones #2: Death by a Mother's Hand
- The Mulrones #3: Flesh and Coin
- The Mulrones #4: Deadlift
- The Love of the Dead
- The Dead Boy
- A Home by the Sea
- A Stranger's Grave
- The Walls of Madness
- The Lies of Angels
- Unit 731
- Cold Fire
- Masters of Blood and Bone
- Left to Darkness
- BLOOD DRUGS TEA
- Spiggot, Too
- Days of Christmas
- The Cold Inside
- Dark Words
- Dead in the Trunk
- Angels in Black and White
- Line of Kings #1: The Outlaw King
- Line of Kings #2: The Thief King
- Line of Kings #3: The Queen of Thieves
- The Line of Kings Boxed Set Edition
- Rythe Awakes
- Tides of Rythe
- Rythe Falls
- Beneath Rythe
- The Rythe Quadrilogy Boxed Set Edition
- The Complete Sun Destroyers Saga (Septology)
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Taking Drugs Successfully
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Keeping your Broken Body Ticking
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Fixing and Making Stuff
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Cooking like Normal People
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Coping with Small Humans
- Ghost Voices
- The Warrior Soul