Thursday, 13 October 2016

How much is a book worth?

I'm sure I've pondered this before. Art vs. Lord Business. Artists need to eat, right? If you answered 'no' to that, you're wrong. Piracy isn't an art unless you're really dapper while you're doing it.

How much? Is it what people are willing to pay? Or what they're able to pay? Does it matter? You're trying to assign a numerical value to an unquantifiable portion of someone's heart and soul. Sure, you can be passionate about other things - you can, for example, really, really love dishwashers. But it has measurable parts, weight, diameter...and I guess there's a value to the labour included, generally paid in hours in small sums to those who assemble the thing. Should we be paid in hours put in? Amazon pays per number of pages read. It's a reasonable system, as far as it goes. Isn't it?

I don't know. That's the answer. Still the answer, and it's been the answer as long as I've been writing.

Still, there's a load of my stuff up for .99c/p!

HA!

Good gag, that. Like pretending you're alive at your funeral.

Wait what?



Love you.

x