Since my first novel acceptance 'Rain' over ten years ago I've been published in various periodicals, magazines, short story markets. My short stories have been read on podcasts and reprinted here and there. I write novels because I haven't got anything better to do with my time. I have work with Severed Press and Thunderstorm Books. I've been published by Dark Fuse, Crowded Quarantine, Anachron, and more. My short stories have been published in 'Best of' anthologies, and my novellas have won a couple of awards. I've been in the top 100 bestselling horror and science fiction authors on Amazon, but it's not the NYT so I don't make a big song and dance about it. When rights to novels, novellas, or short stories revert to me I tend to reissue a 2nd, or sometimes 3rd edition through my own imprints: 'Dark Fable' for horror works, or 'Fable' for science fiction and fantasy.
I write whatever I want. Mostly horror, but some fantasy, a fair bit of science fiction. On ocassion I write bizarro, sometimes I write things even I can't manage to classify. I just write. Other people can decide what they want to call my work. Aside from the titles. I usually make those bits up.
To date I've published 40 or so novels and novellas, and around a 100 short works. I've written around 50 novels, but I sit on a few for a while, and sometimes I send them out and around to publishers and agents for a year or more.
Work forthcoming from me - the conclusion to the 'Land Between Midnight' trilogy, 'Field of Heroes' and 'Xenophobia' from Severed. There are more, but I haven't decided what to do with them.
I've had a fair variety of jobs. My favourite was a carpenter, and I still like tinkering with woodwork. I got a degree in Japanese and Law and I've worked for law firms and didn't find it to my liking. I used to speak Japanese and worked as a translator and sometimes interpreter in my twenties and lived in Japan for five years. I try not to speak Japanese anymore because my family don't.
I'm quite easy going. I'm disabled, which is why I don't have anything better to do than write. I have schizophrenic affective disorder. Ordinarily I wouldn't bother saying as much, but I find that it's helpful for others to know they're not alone, and I'm a big advocate for mental health rights and share what I feel able to.
You can find me on Amazon in whatever country has Amazon, on D2D, Goodreads, Twitter, here, Facebook. I'm here and there, and honestly, I don't keep track. Twitter's my preference. Doesn't mean it's yours.
If you want to email me, feel free. I'm not going to promise I'll reply because you might be insane, or I might be. It's 50/50.
Email: craigsbag (@) hotmail.com
Biography and Contact
Novel and Novella Excerpts
- Field of Heroes
- Ghost Voices
- Red Ice Run (with Ryan C. Thomas)
- ALT REICH
- Pig (With Edward Lorn)
- The Mulrones #1: A Scarecrow to Watch over Her
- The Mulrones #2: Death by a Mother's Hand
- The Mulrones #3: Flesh and Coin
- The Mulrones #4: Deadlift
- The Love of the Dead
- The Dead Boy
- A Home by the Sea
- A Stranger's Grave
- The Walls of Madness
- The Lies of Angels
- Unit 731
- Cold Fire
- Masters of Blood and Bone
- Left to Darkness
- BLOOD DRUGS TEA
- Spiggot, Too
- Days of Christmas
- The Cold Inside
- Dark Words
- Dead in the Trunk
- Angels in Black and White
- Line of Kings #1: The Outlaw King
- Line of Kings #2: The Thief King
- Line of Kings #3: The Queen of Thieves
- The Line of Kings Boxed Set Edition
- The Rythe Quadrilogy #1: Rythe Awakes
- The Rythe Quadrilogy #2: The Tides of Rythe
- The Rythe Quadrilogy #3: Rythe Falls
- The Rythe Quadrilogy #4: Beneath Rythe
- The Rythe Quadrilogy Boxed Set Edition
- The Complete Sun Destroyers Saga (Septology)
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Taking Drugs Successfully
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Keeping your Broken Body Ticking
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Fixing and Making Stuff
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Cooking like Normal People
- FREE READ! Zombies' Guide to Coping with Small Humans
- The Warrior Soul